I've been to this place once, with a friend's family. And I've heard so many great things about this bakery shop. Finally it is my turn to pay this stone oven bakery a visit!
No photos though. ):
Reached the famous bakery at around 9 and I saw big and small families rushing into the shop! I panicked for a little while because I know the crowd in Levain could be potentially huge during its peak hours! Anyway, RM2 for the jockey. Just a heads up.
After a walk around the bakery to see how nice the place is decorated, we set a place to sit and my dad, bro and I went to shop for breads! Somehow I thought the variety of breads was lesser this time around. But I was just too happy to see Turkey Ham & Eggs! It's super delicious! The egg matches just nicely with the ham and the bread, leaving a satisfactory taste in my mouth. Yum!
The chocolate log bread looked out of the ordinary. I was so intrigued by its texture, I put a piece of it on my tray without realizing it myself! The chocolate tastes great with the bread. Great texture too. Soft. It could be slightly oily to some people but for me it was just fine.
Mashed potato bun seemed ordinary. But I've read that it is very nice so I definitely wouldn't miss the chance to taste it! My mother thought it was normal but I love how soft and sweet the mashed potatoes tasted in my mouth. There was ham inside too. And the ham mixed perfectly with the mashed potatoes and created an great taste which I really liked.
Durian melon bun was quite normal. A bun with durian fillings inside. Could be a tad bit too sweet to certain people I think.
Walnut bread is very nice! I love how great it tasted and it smelt when I put it in my mouth! If you are a fan of walnut, you will definitely love this one!
Crispy walnut bread was slightly less flavorful as compared to walnut bread. But I love how it is shaped! And it's crispy, giving a different texture kind of bread as compared to walnut bread.
Apricot sunrise was just normal. Apricot tasted slightly sour.
Some cheese croissant (which name I forgot) was decent too. Nothing to shout about. Not too much taste of cheese though it was named something cheese croissant.
Some other famous delicacies in Levain which we did not try are its macaroons! They looked so colorful! It's like a children's world at that counter! I tasted once the last time, I think it was chocolate, and it was too sweet for me. But I bet many people love it!
I would order Spaghetti, aglio olio style, if it was lunch time. I heard that it's very nice. Same goes to its cakes.
Overall, the breads were above the average. I heard that it's comparable to The Loaf. The prices were slightly too high for us so we wouldn't be back anytime soon, I suppose. It's mainly self-service but the service at the counter was slightly not too friendly. It wouldn't hurt a little if the cashiers smiled when they looked at their customers for just that ONE time. But guess it would, for them.
And, Levain should probably hire people who aren't afraid to communicate. Either English or Malay, I don't care, as long as you can respond to me! My dad was asking this lady some questions about their wholewheat bread and she could barely utter two words.
But I would definitely recommend this place to my friends, you, that is, because the bread is really good!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment