Weng Yin Seafood Village. Very easy to be located. Parking space available.Open for lunch and dinner. Cheap and most importantly, NICE!
We went there for both LUNCH and DINNER on our second day in PD!
For lunch, we had...
Fried Calamari. RM14. It is to die for! It's crispy and tasty! It is definitely worthy of a try, and many more tries after that. However I have to say the best fried calamari is one which I had many years ago in Sekinchan. But I have already forgotten where it was. ):
Claypot Yee Mee. RM10. You can see from this picture that there are many ingredients. It is very fresh. It tastes decent. Nothing to shout for, in my opinion.
Potato Leaves cooked with Belacan. RM8. The potato leaves are planted by the owner, making the dish healthier. I literally could taste the greenness of the vegetable.
We also ordered another noodle called Mamak Mee. As it was the first dish to arrive, and we were so hungry, we finished it before I had a chance to take a picture of it. It's very nice! Worthy of a try!
For dinner, we went back to the same place for more great food! As the place is famous for its Bamboo Crab and Self-made Tau Fu, we immediately ordered those. But those two dishes were unavailable on that day! I was so upset! Luckily the restaurant is famous for other dishes as well!
Gam Heong Lala. RM18. Apparently there is two ways of preparing Gam Heong Lala, and this is the wet style. This tastes slightly sweet, and less spicy, which is surprisingly good. I like it. I would recommend this to people who can't take spicy food.
Butter Crab. RM32. Absolutely fantastic! A to-die-for! Highly recommended! We only ordered two crabs (as I think I am the only crab lover in the family). The butter doesn't taste too butter-y, which could taste fattening. It's just nice! The only bad thing is that the size of the crabs is a bit too small. ): But the taste is awesome!
Gong Bo Prawn. Highly recommended too! I love the taste of it. And it goes along with rice very well! Very nice!
Black Beer Chicken Meat. RM16. Another great one! Highly recommended! I've never tried this at another restaurant before but I like the taste of this one. However, I couldn't really taste the taste of beer. Probably it's because I've never had one. Nevertheless, a must try!
Local Tau Fu with minced Chicken Meat. RM8. As they did not prepare their famous tau fu dish, we could only order another type. It's decent. A bit too salty to my parents' liking. But I found it okay.
Oyster Omelet. RM9. Normal. Too much egg, too little oyster. I've had better ones in Sekinchan.
Vegetable. Yao Mak. RM8. Simple and nice. A nice tone down from all the other heavy dishes.
Overall, the meal was great! The place was okay. Cleanliness is fine. Friendly staff. Relatively cheap meal. The only disappointment was that there was no bamboo crab! ): But I would definitely head back for the good food again!











No comments:
Post a Comment