It is amazingly shocking how anger be so frighteningly contagious. I have just watched a video, which I will post here in a while, of two women fighting.
Literally, fighting.
Well, it is more like a girl getting bullied by another one. There might be some stories behind this whole scene. I guessed, the bully's boyfriend dumped her for the bullied.
Or something like that.
I couldn't pay attention to what the bully was screaming and shouting about because I was too stunned at what she doing to the bullied! I was..shuddered! I couldn't believe she could do that to the bullied, and had this recorded by someone, and had no one around them helping the bullied at all!
I don't understand!
If we isolate the whole reasoning behind this incident and focus only ON this fight itself, shouldn't someone at least help the bullied out before she gets hurt? She was slapped, smacked, stepped on, hurled around. Her hair was pulled at like a bad doll getting mistreated by a baby. She was kicked, pushed, punched.
The words that came out from the bully's mouth was still manageable for me (though still vulgar). But what she did, was totally unacceptable for me.
Am I the one who has not seen enough real situations out there? Am I the one who is making a big deal out of something commonly taken place at our society?
If I am, there is clearly something wrong with this society. There is NOTHING common about bully. For whatever fucked up reason, bully is a no! Verbal bully is bad enough, let alone physical bully.
*edit*
Actually when I scrolled up and see what I wrote for my starting line, I realised that I have strayed from my original point.
What I wanted to say was, when people watch this video, people would naturally get SUPER angry at the bully. If someone righteous were to be present at the scene, what would that someone do? Separate both of them apart? Make them calm down? Drive the bullied away from the bully?
For me, while I was watching the video, I felt like I should really give the bully a huge heavy punch to the point of making her faint! I felt like she should be hit with a hammer or something!
But think again. Like I said earlier, anger is so contagious. As I watched the video, I felt so so angry, I felt like channeling my anger into, probably, even worse violence. And it may lead to more and more violence!
It will never end! Like a chain reaction!
Then, (here comes my main point) what should one do so that the anger does not take control of oneself?
I was thinking, if I were at the scene, I would probably act out unreasonably and harshly without thinking it through. I would probably be controlled by my anger and have acted regretfully.
Would there be a chance for me to suppress my anger and not let it control my actions?
I think that is a very good question for everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment