I believe no one can have a worse day compared to mine. I practically humiliated myself in front of a bunch of form ones and an outsider whom i just met today.
I was asked to join a display debate today and i was informed that the discussion would be today and the real thing would be tomorrow. Yet at the last minute, I was told that the real thing would be today itself. I was unprepared. And last minutes preparation did no good to me either.
Given the motion "This house will not teach moral subject / classes in school", the government consisted of first speaker Manwyn, second speaker Joshua and last speaker Garry. Strong team i would say. Stronger than mine at least. Meanwhile the opposition were Clement as the second speaker, Jo as the third speaker and I was the first speaker. Why did i say that Manwyn's team is stronger? It's because i am in my team. That's it.
Well, i think my opening speech was okay, until i had to rebut what Manwyn said and from there onwards it was an utter mess! I basically screwed up the WHOLE thing. I even forgot to introduced my team members. I could see that Joshua and Garry were laughing at me? It was really, really humuliating!
The rest of them did very well! And in the end my team kinda won i guess, since the Chairman was not really being specific. Though i sucked big time, my team still won eh? Anyway the Chairman, whose name i suppose is Latif, is really a great guy! I actually thought he was a student when Jo told me he is from UIA. Which is untrue as he is actually a lecturer, married and has a kid.
Anyway, Jo was magnificent! She really does have her own style and she rocks. Clement was crowned as the best debater by Latif, beating Joshua. Joshua and Garry were great too! Garry was funny when he responded to Clement's POI.
And i may crown myself as the worst debater that time?
Maybe it's stage fright? After i started to rebut Manwyn, I lost my points and my mind went blank. I don't remember what i was supposed to say and everything was a mess! There were many long pauses seriously. Argh. Bad starting really! Furthermore, i cannot seem to finish my sentence. I often get stuck at the middle of the sentence, not knowing how to continue it. Probably i should speak in English more often. Formal English during formal events maybe.
Argh~
Don't laugh at me in school tomorrow! >.<
*edit*
Ahem. Actually today two of my friends told me that i am hot. Not hot panas hot. But it's hot hot hot. Get me? *wink*
Eh wait. I think her exact words were "*someone* think that your body is hot. And i think so too." But what the heck. That basically means i am hot right?
Thank you very much to the someone. Appreciate it very much. You should be lucky to have a friend who is hot. You don't have to deny what you have said. You just have to admit it. Thank you. Done. Full-stop. Period. (x
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment