Thursday, May 17, 2012

Am I happy with the government right now?

I would never expect anyone at all to ask me that question mainly because I am not a very political person. There are two things which I usually do not talk about. One, football. Two, politics. (Though I have to admit, recently I have been more conscious politically, after Bersih especially)

So I was especially surprised, shocked even, when I received a call this morning from some random dude (from the government) I suppose, asking whether I had the time to conduct a telephone survey with him. I said, "Why not?" All I have is time.

It was a rather brief survey. I secretly hoped he could ask more questions so that I had the right excuse to stay away from my working desk. Too bad. He mainly focused on the public (yours truly)'s satisfaction towards all the implementations, policies and transformations that the government is doing right now. One question caught my attention. "Adakah transfomasi yang telah dilaksanakan oleh kerajaan telah meningkatkan sokongan rakyat terhadap kerajaan?" Just like all the answers I gave prior to this, I had plenty of things to say in my answers. But my answers were short because I lost my fluency in speaking Malay, and, this is obviously a survey conducted on behalf of the government so I obviously cannot say something too...rebellious, can I?

But all the colourful answers were flowing through my mind when that dude asked me all the let-me-test-you-to-see-if-you-will-be-supporting-BN questions. I almost wanted to just start shooting my answers in English at him.

So, have you received such calls?

3 comments:

josephyn said...

I'm interested to know how did he get your number in the first place :/

josephyn said...

I'm interested to know how did he get your number in the first place :/

Chow Hoo Keen aka Kenny said...

I am equally curious as well. I assumed that the government definitely has a system which contains all of its citizen's personal information like mobile number and so on. It's the government, what can't they do, right?