Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Beautiful Sunday

After a long long time, finally I get to witness a beautiful Sunday morning again. There is less haze and the sky is clearer. This is not a typical view in Hong Kong because as many people know, Hong Kong has one of the most serious air pollution issues. Seeing a nice view, especially from my room, really lifted my mood! Unfortunately I still don't have my phone to take a nice picture, else I would have done so and uploaded for you to see, the beautiful view. And I am too lazy to take my camera to take this beautiful picture, connect to my laptop, transfer photo and upload it for you; it's just too troublesome of a process for me! :P But rest assured, once I get my phone, I will make FULL use of it!

University life is getting better! It's the mid term period. So naturally I should be studying my ass off. I am. I hit the library quite often. And I really am resisting the urge to go jogging / swimming every time. I have set a new schedule: to study in the morning and in the afternoon, while at night, I want to enjoy my time by reading news, going jogging, swimming or chatting with friends. This is my new schedule which I shall put into use once mid term ends (next Thursday)! For now, I will have to really focus on studying! Especially when I have 3 more tests to sit for (Finished the test for Introduction to Economic yesterday, yay)!

Wait, I just said university life is getting better and I talked about mid term, how ironic!

It's getting better because I have set a new schedule which I intend to stick by strictly. I also recently talked to a friend (a junior, really) and I realized that different people have different goals and different aims they wish to obtain from their university lives. Naturally, some may be better and more challenging than others; and in the end, they will reap more rewards of course. But those kind of goals not necessarily suit everyone. So the important thing to do is, to search for your own university aim/goal and stick by it at all times! Don't always follow what your friends do because your friends' interests aren't necessarily yours. So don't waste your university life, do what you want and like!

Since then, I have been thinking what my aims and goals are. I have to admit, mine aren't as noble as everyone else's. I just want to graduate peacefully, get a good grade, get invaluable experience, and enjoy my life. Oh, and definitely, follow my interests (though I really have yet to decide what mine really are). That's why I feel less pressured when I see my peers are working so diligently towards their goal (which used to make me feel left out etc). I know better now. So I feel better.

I think most importantly, I have to keep improving myself. And enjoy life.

Cheers.

No comments: