Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What's on the news

Though this news may not have made it to the headline but I find it very disturbing, especially when it involves the education field. I am referring to the recent freezing of PTPTN loan for UNISEL students. Apparently, the move was just a test to see if what Pakatan Rakyat claimed can be carried out. I shall not focus on PR's claim. What I cannot stand is the higher education minister, Datuk Seri Khaled Nordin's reason on the loan freeze, "It was to see what the state government would do to help the new students without the means of a PTPTN loan, that's why we froze it temporarily." But the money isn't yours to begin with! And, we're talking about education here! This is not a toy or some lego pieces you can test to see if your toy construction was stable. This is people's education and future we are talking about. Your action is absolutely childish!

Moving on to another issue. I absolutely cannot withhold my dissatisfaction towards a statement made by another minister. It probably is due to my personal circumstance or my personal emotion, but I still find what he said rather offensive. On the news regarding the bidding of WWW car plates, Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Aziz has successfully bid WWW 97. He said, “I have a lot of money, how to spend the money? As a minister, RM10,000 is not much; it’s not RM400,000 or RM100,000, that will be too much.”

"RM10,000 is not much."

"RM10,000 is not much."

I understand that it is probably my own personal bias feeling. I understand that that is how rich people use their money. I understand that I will not understand their mentality.

But in my situation right now, I just cannot fathom what he said and I feel very dissatisfied with that statement.

No comments: