I am getting sleepy right now. *yawn*
Getting involved in the Robotics Competition is tiring. Research here and research there. Moreover, it's not my expertise as well. Kinda hard for me. I DO realise that i am not giving much help but i am trying my best to get more information alright? >.<
We had done our first essay from English. Our teacher Miss Tan marked our book lightning fast as she MISUNDERSTOOD and thought that we wanted to get our essay books early. WE DID NOT WANT TO GET OUR ESSAY BOOKS BACK! For fear that there will be work to do before Chinese New Year! >.<
While she was giving the books to us, she called us out one by one and pointed out our weaknesses. I think that it was a good idea. I never thought that any teacher would do that because it wastes time! What is more surprising is that she wrote long comments at the end of our essays! How many teachers actually do that, huh?
So when i thought she has finally finished giving us our books, i realised that i do not have my book! Then teacher started saying how our class did for our first try for SPM standard essay. I didn't get to ask teacher about my book! She said most of us didn't do well for our first SPM English essay. And that she had two examples to show us what is a SPM standard essay.
AND I WAS NOT FEELING GOOD AT ALL!
Miss Tan even looked at me for a few time. Eyed at me, y'know? So i kinda knew what was going but i still thought that it was impossible!
Then, Miss Tan said that two of the books were from a boy and a girl. After finishing the girl's, which i knew was WernXin's, she read the boy's. By the way WernXin has got 37 over 50. Before she read the boy's, she said that this essay was based on a boy's point of view. The writing style is very different. And that it is very easy-going and light. At the same time, the content was not only about the surface. It had deep meaning and its depth. I still can't believe she said those!
THEN! She started reading. And.. it.. all.. sounded.. very.. really.. tremendously.. UBER familiar. It is mine. =.=
I WAS REALLY EMBARRASSED, OKAY?
Why?
In my class, there are Stefira, Clement, Josephine and Timothy AND Jonathan! They are like the English experts alright? And my essay was read out loud in the class in front of them while theirs were not?
I don't know what to say.
Teacher's comment at the end of my essay : A well-written piece of work - an interesting style.
And i have got a 36 over 50 and teacher said the reason i got lower that WernXin was the way i wrote my essay was more informal. And yes i agreed. The way i wrote it was indeed the way i blog. *lol*
Anyway i have more work and research to do. Good day.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment