Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Just a quick update before I go to tutorial in a short while.

I haven't had an outlet to let my feelings out so I guess I will do it here.

Yesterday was my beloved mother's birthday. And once again, I could not spend it by her side. In fact, it has been two years in a row that both her sons could not celebrate her birthday with her. It was very sad for me because I would really want to be by her side. Especially after coming here, I know how to appreciate my family much more. (Here as in Hong Kong)

But I sent her a sms early in the morning. Her reply almost made me cry. “谢谢 你们健康快乐平安 我就好了” Her wishes are so simple. Just for us to be happy. And yet, I've been under some degree of stress level ever since I got here. I feel like I have disappointed my mother because I couldn't be happy and her message really awakened me. I am pretty sure that I will get overwhelmed by the stress all over again soon. But I shall look at her messages once in a while, and remember that she will always support me!

Later that night, we skyped. And she looked so happy eating a tiramisu cake. I was so so happy to see her happy. She was smiling nonstop and there is nothing else that I want more in this world other than that. Then, she sent me another sms “你们各奔东西。。。。。。要多保重啊!” I am so touched and speechless.

I love you, mother.

No comments: