Yesterday evening, my mom received a phone call from her hometown. My grandma had a stroke. They were waiting for the arrival of the ambulance. I in my room, sleeping, when I overheard the conversation. It was serious. A stroke. My grandma lost her conscious. She could not move her limbs. She couldn't speak. She could only open one eye. It sounded severe. My parents immediately made plans: buying some eastern herbs, informing nearby relatives, packing some clothes and not long after, they were on their way to Ipoh.
Like the saying goes, you can't sense it when accidents arrive at your doorstep. It was so sudden, so abrupt.
I could not imagine the anxiety that my mother was going through. After the phone call from Ipoh, she did so many things. Together with my father, they discussed about buying the herbs and if it's suitable for my grandma's consumption. They decided to wait for my aunt to come to my house then only they will depart for Ipoh, after picking up my cousin from US who coincidentally is having vacation in KL. They made so many phone calls discussing so many things and told my relatives in Ipoh what to do. It's hard not to notice the coarse voice that my mother began to have. How was she holding her emotions up?
I decided not to ask any questions. I gathered information regarding my grandma from my mother's numerous phone conversations. I didn't want to be in my mother's way. She packed everything. She was ready. She left. That was it. I decided to wait at home, waiting for her news.
Late evening, my mom called. She still hadn't arrived. There was a bad congestion, due to a heavy downpour. Grandma's condition hadn't improved.
Right now. My parents are back in KL. They are on their way to a temple to pray. I think that is all that we could do right now. Pray.
佛,请你保佑我婆婆,让她快速好起来。啊祢驼佛。
Sunday, October 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
观音菩萨会保佑她的,放心 :)
Thank you Xiao Cheng!
Post a Comment