Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Just Getting It Out Of Me

I have just finished my dinner. It was a big feast; big feasts were done days ago and I really have had enough of those. It was a simple dinner, with simple dishes. No meat, just vegetable and sardine fish. Simple. Simplicity. Just what I need.

Just a few days more, I will be heading back to Hong Kong. I will once again face the hectic lifestyle that has now become way too familiar. Yet undeniably dreadful. Sure, I have someone I love there so there is always a longing to that place. But the rest of the things which come with it, the rest of the package, the food, work, people, lifestyle, busyness... It suddenly dawned on me that I am not exactly fond of them. I do not dislike them because disliking them means I would not want to face them. I can still face them, I just...am not fond of them.

I just have a lot of thoughts in my head which I, like always, fail to convey into words.

I am going to miss the warmth in Malaysia, in my home. The day may be scorching hot but I always know that the night will much more accommodating.

I am going to miss the noise which my neighbourhood makes. The sound of children crying out loud, teenagers making ruckus, aunties gossiping. The livelihood of a neighbourhood. Something which Hong Kong does not really have. It is this neighbourhood which makes a house feels like home. I used to be able to sense that in Hong Kong but I am losing that sense, hence Hong Kong does not feel much like home right now.

I am going to miss my family too.

Oh and I miss becoming other people's driver.

With that said, (I can't believe I'm going to say this) I am looking forward to heading back to the city of opportunities. I can't wait to get my degree finished and over with. I can't wait to step into the working world. Because I know that phase of life is when I really shape my life. And I want to have my life shaped and materialized. So I can't wait to be back.

PS. My writing still sucks.

3 comments:

Joy Choong said...

HELLLOO CHOWWWWW OMYGOSH I MISS THIS DAY STALKING EVERYONE'S BLOGS AND READING THEIR EMO POSTS LOLOLOL

hello :)

Joy Choong said...

HEELLOO CHOWWW HOO KEEENN MY GOSH MISS THOSE DAYS OF STALKING EVERYONE'S BLOGS AND READING EMO POSTS LOLOLOLL

hello :)

Of Lilies and Daffodils (: said...

Man. I really miss us.
Take care Kenny :)