Thursday, March 28, 2013

Story about a Nice Friend being Pranked

It was the Earth Hour 2013 and I decided to go for a movie with a couple of friends. A close friend promised that she had something important to tell me after the movie. It was something which had been troubling her for some time and I supposed she wanted to share her problems, in a way to alleviate it. So after the movie (which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way), we sat in her lounge and talked about a million things that night. One of which was about her crush. It was rather serious because she apparently wanted to make it work but she was still feeling confused about it. So we talked about it and decided about what she could do about it, too. It was the main focus of the night! We talked right into the morning and it was nice. Nice, because I was able to meet someone so in synced to talk about anything at all.

Two days later, while she and I and a couple of other friends were having our dinner, another friend suddenly talked about a rumour - about my friend's crush! She supposedly told only one person - me! So how on earth did anyone else find out?! Naturally my friend suspected that I've betrayed her trust. She was mad and sad and disappointment, all at the same time! She wrote an extremely long message to me on Facebook, which for obvious reasons could not be disclosed. But she made it extremely clear that she did not want to hear from me, ever, until she has calmed down and was ready to talk about it to me, which to me, could take ages. I was scared and furious and, most of all, frustrated. First of all, I did not betray her. I did not disclose her secrets. Secondly, she's a friend I treasure here. She's a DEAR friend! At the thought of losing a dear friend like her really destroyed me. Initially I was confident we could get through this. So I decided to give her time to calm down by giving her a note, saying that I would respect her decision to not want to hear from me until she's ready. But the more I thought about it, the more I was afraid that after she's calmed down, she would have accepted the fact that I have betrayed her, that this image would have been imposed on me and she would never see me as a friend.

Finally, I sought help from another friend. She agreed to help out. And then, I was supposed to have a talk with my friend before dinner today. I wanted to end this thing earlier so I proposed an early timing. Then, she was apparently not free until before dinner time. 8.15pm. So 8.15pm, I went to her lounge but I did not see her. Instead, I saw the friend who helped me paved way for the meeting, and she told me that my friend was still outside and would be late. So we should have our dinner first and I should talk to her after that. And guess what?

When I went to the other lounge for dinner, everyone was there, waiting for me, to give me a surprise party.

I was shocked. And speechless. And...I thought I almost lost a dear friend. I really thought I almost lost a dear friend.

Of course, I was glad that everything was a prank.

When the dinner/party began, I excused myself, and went back to my room. While I was in the lift, I could no longer hold my tears. I guess it was a breakdown. I literally cried and laughed at the same time.

Dear me.

Never had I experienced anything like this before.

I treasure my friends like nothing else. If I have wronged any of my friends, I would feel extremely guilty. At the thought of losing a dear friend, I would really, really breakdown. Friends are everything to me. I don't make friends easily, but once I found one who clicks, I care for them, often without them knowing.

So, this prank, albeit funny, did give me a shock. Haha, my friends, you all are really funny. Love you all!

(Due to the exhaustion from pressure, frustration, nerves and sadness, I did not have much ability and energy to beautify this blog post, so it is quite mundane. My apology.)

1 comment:

josephyn said...

Wow, that's one elaborate charade concocted by your friends to surprise you for your birthday. You've such great friends :D

PS - check your FB!!