I just finished the book. It took me two days to finish it. Technically, it's less than one day because I started reading it at roughly 9pm last night and I just finished it. Come to think of it, I finished it quite fast compared to other self-help books I have been reading.
This is such a sad book I think. Throughout my reading the book, I just can't help but feeling sad. Life is not always a bed of roses. Not everyone's life is perfect. But even when your life sucks to the point of giving up on it, you should still keep moving on with a firm faith in a better tomorrow. That is sorta what I learned from this book.
Of course, I know that drugs and smoking are not good. I will never attempt at any of those and this book contains tonnes of them! And this book also contains many controversial social predicaments that many people would disapprove with. But I just think of them as..social occurrences that happen by nature. So sometimes, you accept things as they are.
Well if you are reading this post, you will probably not understand what I am talking about, unless if you have read the book. Come to think of it, even if you have read the book, I can't guarantee if you would appreciate it as much as I do because, for me, I could relate to the author and the main character, hence I find it meaningful. The thoughts that Charlie always came up with at the most random times, I did and do think of them. Charlie always thought of wishing other people's life well and hoping that everyone is having a happy life. I do that too. But that does not make Charlie or me a kind person or a popular person. That just makes us not participating in things. Because we think, instead of participating. What Sam said is true. You have to participate. Be yourself. Put yourself in those situations. Let people know how you feel. That's when you stop being a wallflower.
Anyway, I don't know if I would give the book a second reading because I generally don't repeat my books. But maybe when I have finished all my self-help, I would give it another go?
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
nice :) i would like to buy this book n read ,sometime i feel like i m like the Charlie too,like the wallflower :/
Post a Comment