Allow me to be a little bit less scientific and a little bit more naive because I have an important question to ask.
Grandma, regardless of where you are right now, how are you doing?
Is there a rule which specifies a limit of grieving period when one has lost someone dearest to oneself? If there is such a limited period, would you tell me its length? Then I would probably bounce back from this loss a little bit more faster, though a bit forcefully.
During the dinner just now, the table was left with only my mom and me. The rest have finished their meal. Suddenly, my mom brought up the topic about grandmother. I could see glitter in her eyes. I know it still hurts her. She misses grandma. I do too. But it takes time. We don't know how long. But yeah, time it takes.
As she was talking about grandma, she noted a number of things,
- Grandma used to babysit all four of us when we were still wearing diapers
- She had saved all the money that her children and grandchildren had given her for us.
- Even after she passed away, she had always been taking care of us - during her burial ceremony, it did not rain and it wasn't even sunny, the weather was just nice for the ceremony, as if she had protected us from the heat and the rain.
- Whenever my mother called to Ipoh to talk to her, she always asked how my brothers and I were doing, and if my dad got any job, and how my brother was doing in overseas. Yet, none of four of us had ever called back to talk to grandma.
- We were all in KL while she was in Ipoh. We didn't get to spend time with her, to take care of her. Now that she is gone, we no longer have the chance to.
- Even in her sickbed, she was not able to speak due to the stroke. It was so painful for her. She used to be the strongest, being able to walk to market, talk to people, take care of her chickens and her small vegetation farm. But one stroke, and everything changed.
Why?
Grandma, how are you?
Thursday, November 03, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hey Kenny, so sorry to hear that but I saw you quite often in the library, I think as long as you are happy and studying hard your grandma will be happy. That's what she always wanted isn't it? good luck :)
Thank you Xiao Cheng. Good luck in your exam too!
Hey, Kenny-chi. I understand your feelings because I'm going through the same thing. To be honest, I believe that before our loved ones left, their only wish is that we will stay happy no matter what happens. I didn't show much appreciation and love towards my grandpa till he passed away although deep down in my heart, I love him a lot. But I know that he has forgiven me and that I must continue to take care of my family and do well in my life. I'm sure your grandma feels the same way too. It's normal to miss someone who has left us, in fact it is a sign of true love. It's one of the ways to keep us connected to them. :) Enjoy and live life to the fullest, Kenny-chi, you'll make your grandma and others real proud of ya.
thank you ah chi!
Post a Comment