Saturday, September 03, 2011

Bon Voyage, Bro.

Just sent off my brother who left for New Zealand for work.

It wasn't sad. It isn't the first time he has left Malaysia for another country. So it isn't particularly sad. But this time, I have to emphasize again (for myself), he went to another country, for work. For work!

Somehow it hit me as I saw him leaving. He's not even 30 years old. Just 20++. And he has the opportunity to work in another country. Though it's not permanent, to me it is something very cool! Like a business trip. It is something I always want to do and achieve. To be able to go to another country to work, all the expenses covered by the company. And then thinking about the situation that I'm facing right now, all the uncertainties, all the seemingly very challenging obstacles lying ahead of me, depending which paths I choose. I really don't know, 10 years from now, where will I be.

At the same time as we sent him away, I saw many other people, many other ang mos, who wore blazers, in formal. They were definitely on a business trip. I kept thinking, will I have that opportunity?

I know myself well enough to know where my limits are. And honestly, currently I don't see myself at their positions. This partially saddens me. Partially happy because I am very happy for my brother, for his achievement. Partially sad because, I really, really don't know if I am able to achieve what I want, if I have set a standard too high for myself, if everything I have pieced together in my mind is just merely a dream.

Money, why are you such a problematic obstacle to me?!

2 comments:

josephyn said...

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." ~Henry Ford

Anonymous said...

SURE U will KENNY! u can be like your brother too. U have no idea how people look up to you for being so smart, kind, helpful and organise, all in the same time! so dont worry as u will have a good position in a company when u work later. Probably, u can start ur own company :D Believe in yourself...