Did i enjoy? Of course i did! It was an unbelievable and unforgettable experience. But will i go through it again, given a chance? I have to think twice. If i was not holding any responsibilities, i might have enjoyed it more. Yes i had a post. I was initially the assistant company leader after the first election. We were chosen by our teachers so we didn't really have a choice to reject. Not long after that, my leader left for matriculation in Labuan. So i was promoted to company leader. Then after the second election/promotion, i was chosen to be the Ketua Pegawai Pemerintah aka Penghulu (as how other camp calls it).
Glorious? NO!
With this post and responsibilities, the teachers always kept their eyes on me. At least that's how i felt. I couldn't sleep in class (though i still did because i was too tired :P), I had to be alert all the times just in case I was summoned by any teachers or if there were any fights, i had to wake up early in the morning to wake the others up, i had to rush everyone every time there was a roll call by using a whistle, i had to make sure that everyone's discipline was at a decent level, i had to do what i do or make decisions based on teachers' air muka. It was quite stressful back then. That's why i wouldn't go through it again.
But of course, i learned many things from all the activities that i had, directly or indirectly. And I managed to find my happy moments in the camp, thanks to all my friends who made me laugh and made me stay positive during the rainy days! I would also like to thank my teachers who guided me all the way throughout the whole three months. They are one of the main reasons why the camp could be so fun!
I can't exactly blog about the whole camp i think, it's because my brain has failed me ever since Wirajaya (Wirajaya is the most important activity for the teachers to judge our leadership and our skills to see whether we have learned anything at all after 3 months). But what i can tell is, Sandakan is a really beautiful place. The sky is so blue and the way the clouds are formed is so artistic. The scenery is really heavenly. I miss the sky in Sandakan because there sky in KL is never that blue. If you're looking for a spot for vacation, try Sandakan. :)
Oh it's 11 now. Back in camp, we all had to off the lights in our dorm sharp at 11 or else there would be punishments. So, have a sweet dream :P

No comments:
Post a Comment